Saturday, September 24, 2011

[I] Love Lists

I love lists. Grocery lists, to-do lists, word lists, movie lists, travel lists, bucket lists. And now, a love list. Thank you, Eero Saarinen. This man may have designed a JFK terminal and invented the womb chair, but he will forever in my heart be remembered for the love list that made me fall in love with lists all over again.

From this great book:
   
I - First I recognized that you were very clever
II - That you were very han[d]some
III - That you were perceptive
IV - That you were enthusiastic
V - That you were generous
VI - That you were beautiful
VII - That you were terribly well organized
VIII - That you were fantastically efficient
IX - That you dress very very well
III - That you have a marvelous sense of humor
X - That you have a very very beautiful body
XI - That you are unbelievably generous to me
XII - That the more one digs the foundations the more and more one finds 
the solidest of granit[e] for you and I to build a life together upon

No comments:

Post a Comment