Friday, November 11, 2011

HGI #1: Tortoise General Kitchenware

H.G.I. = Holiday Gift Ideas. I find that at the last minute I have trouble assembling a meaningful gift, so I like to keep my eyes peeled starting in November. Tortoise, a brand started by Taku and Keiko Shinomoto, has both an online store and a shop in Venice, CA. Their minimalist, artisanal products are handmade, handpicked, and imported from Japan. From utilitarian items like a rattan towel hanger or Yumiko Iihoshi ceramic mugs, to sweet little nothings like block-print fabric ducks and a quaint owl paperweight, each item on the website has a quaint little backstory to it.

Hario Buono Drip Kettle $65

  Iron Monkey Bottle Opener $36

Yanagi Birch Handle Cutlery $25-$29

Wappa Sake Cup $29


Mokusei Lamp $290

Welcome Soap $45

organic, exfoliating Silk Mitten $29 
(for babies!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment